On The Run Canine Center is honored to host the OneMind Dogs 3-Day Camp starting August 18-20 2017. There will be 3 instructors and everyone will spend a full day with each instructor. Two of the groups will start earlier each day and one group will have a later start. Times to be determined closer to the event.
- Ring 1 - will be Techniques 1 part 1 practicing techniques and handling as well as sequencing with Mikko Aaltonen from Finland.
- Ring 2 - with be Techniques 1 part 2 with assistant coach Katelyn Scott from the US.
- Ring 3 - will be the 10 Commandments of Agility and small sequences with Mari Kaplas from Finland.
This 3-day Camp by a OneMind Dogs Coach or a OneMind Dogs Assistant Coach will introduce you to eight of the most common handling techniques you are likely to need on the courses you are running. There will be 3 groups of 10 working dogs.
You’ll learn the best way to perform these handling techniques from your dog’s perspective - and work out how to apply them as a part of an agility course. You’ll get to study techniques in detail AND run courses. You’ll be pushed out of your comfort zone and achieve things you probably didn’t think were even possible for you!
Working spots include access to One Mind Dogs Pre Seminar collecion of videos and articles to study before the camp to get the most out of your live experience and a final exam to test what you have learned.
Who is it for? This camp is for everyone who wants to learn how to use the handling tools from their dog's perspective. You might be new to OneMind Dogs, or you might want to enhance your skills in the handling tools that help you get through the challengs you'll face in trials.
The OneMind Dogs handling techniques make total sense for your dog, so your dog doesn't need to have much previous agility experience. However, you and your dog should know the basics of agility and have a strong foundation together. Your dog should also be familiar with performaing jumps and tunnels in a sequence. Ideally, you've attended a OneMind Dogs foundation seminar or OneMind Dogs Camp 2015/2016, OR studied the OneMind Dogs foundation exercises online. Young dogs are welcome to attend as we can train with low bars!
You'll be amazed at what you and your dog can achieve together when you speak the same language!
- If the event is full, to be put on the WAITLIST please select the Register button and fill out the Waltlist form!
- Event fees are non-refundable unless filled via the waitlist.
- There will be a one hour lunch break.
- LUNCH WILL NOT BE PROVIDED. Please plan accordingly by bringing your own lunch. There are also many restaurants close to the center.